NARS recently launched their Fall 2018 Makeup Collection, which for me has been one of those darkhorse, come-from-behind-to-win-it-all collections! It is modestly sized, with 2 Limited Edition Eyeshadow Quads ($52) in Mojave and Singapore, the 7 Deadly Sins Limited Edition lip palette ($52 for 0.49 oz.) and a new line of Brow Perfectors, which come in 8 different shades. Keep reading for swatches and looks of everything!
My first impression of the eye quads was that they looked like good, solid basics…turned out I could not have been more wrong! The Mojave and Singapore Quads are done in NARS’ brand new eyeshadow formula, and they feature matte, pearly velvet, satiny shimmer, and glittery sparkle finishes. The quality of the shadows is incredible – smooth, pigmented, highly blendable, etc. But what really blew me away was the complexity of the finishes!! Nothing about these shadows feels average…you’ll see in my description of each shade below as well as in the eye looks that I’ve done with the quads.
The Mojave Eye Quad contains:
- a pearlescent, ivory with a very faint purple duochrome – the duochrome is just enough that you notice it when you pair it with the sparkly taupe shade, but when paired with the warm bronzey taupe, it doesn’t look very purple at all, just adds a nice balance to the warmth of the bronze.
- a warm, bronzey, taupe-y shimmer – the shimmer is very smooth, it’s almost satin-y.
- a cool, silvery-purple taupe sparkle – oh my gosh. This sparkle formula appears to be a new thing and I am OBSESSED. It is so so gorgeous. If used with the ivory and the deep matte brown, it gives an overall neutral-cool eye look. If used patted on over the warm taupe, it just balances the warmth out and gives a gorgeous sparkle to the overall look.
- a cool, twiggy brown matte – very smooth, pigmented and blendable.
and the Singapore Eye Quad contains:
- champagne, rose-gold sparkle: another super special, gorgeous light neutral. It is so sparkly and pretty but when worn on its own or with one of the two bronzey / coppery hues, it is also something I’m totally comfortable wearing during the day!
- golden-bronze sparkle: a second sparkle shade!
- cranberry red satin-shimmer: this cranberry red is stunning and when used as a crease shade for the inner-V, it completely lights up the look and takes it to the next level of gorgeous, inflamed, autumnal drama. So so so in love!
- golden-copper sparkle: the third sparkle shade in the quad…making this my dream quad haha! This hue is incredibly stunning – I wear as an all over the lid shade, or use it to punch up the drama in the crease of my eyes!!
The first look I’ve done is with Mojave:
I’ve also done two different looks with Singapore. The first look I’m wearing all 3 shades except for the deep cranberry:
In the second look I’ve added some drama by blending the cranberry red shade into the crease and winging it out a little bit!
In all the looks above, I’m wearing the new NARS Brow Perfectors ($24) in the shade Makassar (swatched far right), which is Auburn Cool. In the swatches below, shown from left to right are:
- Calimyrna: warm blonde
- Goma: cool blonde
- Moanda: warm auburn
- Makassar: cool auburn
I actually wear all four of these shades at different times! The two blonde hues give my dark, cool-toned Asian brows a softer look, while the auburn hues give them a bolder look. All four hues blend beautifully with my dark brows, and impart an incredibly effortless, full, natural look. One side has the pencil and the other side has the spoolie to blend. They are so so easy to use, which I can say because I have actually never owned brow pencils before these! (I’ve always used powders) Huge love!! There are 8 shades in the range – you can find the rest on the Beauty Lookbook’s post here!
Last but not least is the Seven Deadly Sins lip palette ($52 for 0.49 oz.), which is limited edition like the quads and which contains 7 lipstick shades that are the oz. equivalent of over half of a full-size lipstick! This palette is amazing value for the prize, and the quality and variety of the lip colors in it makes it even more worth it in my opinion. The lipsticks are full coverage with a soft velvety finish that is gently matte without looking super matte. The quality is really incredible, which is why this palette has made it into the rotation with all my regular lipstick loves!
It contains the following colors (shown below L to R):
- Pride: a warm, fleshy nude (wearing in FOTDs with Mojave quad)
- Disobedience: a warm, rosy pink
- Idolatry: a medium ruddy rose (wearing in FOTDs with Singapore quad)
- Foolishness: a bright, true, blue-ish red
- Greed: a deep, cranberry red
- Wrath: a deep, berry orchid
- Sloth: a deep, blackened plum
So, as you can see, the NARS Fall 2018 Makeup Collection went quickly from a solid, basic collection to an incredibly innovative, stunning and gorgeous collection that I turned out to be completely obsessed with! I absolutely love every single item in the collection, which is so rare these days. They knocked everything out of the park, but of course as I’ve said above, the quads are my true true loves out of everything because they are so incredibly special. If you haven’t checked these out, I cannot recommend them enough!!
xx Georgia Grace