Well after a long hiatus, I’m back! You might be able to guess what I’ve been doing in the time that I’ve been away, based on the above photo 😉 I will be doing a proper introduction in my next post where I will share my birth story, but for now, say hello to Paloma Rose Pendleton! She is the light of our lives, and has filled us with more love for one another and for her and for everyone that either of us could have dreamed of or imagined. That being said, getting out of bed in the morning is no picnic, and getting dressed in real clothes doesn’t happen for me most days. One thing I have noticed though, is that a little makeup goes a long way toward making me feel like an actual adult (and even, dare I say it, like a strong, capable, put-together woman!) on the days when I have the discipline to put it on…so in celebration of “her” for Pink October, I’ve partnered with Stage during their huge Beauty Bash event to share is a very quick, simple makeup look that will genuinely take you 5 minutes to put on in the morning!
I’ve kept the products to a minimum to keep this as simple as possible –
- Estee Lauder DoubleWear Nude Foundation (1N2 Ecru)
- Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy Blush (Sensuous Rose)
- TheBalm Mary-Dew-Manizer Liquid Highlighter
- Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy Lipstick (Dynamic)
- TheBalm Nude Beach Eye Palette (used Built and Bright shades)
- TheBalm Furrowcious Brow Pencil (Dark Brown)
- I started off applying foundation and blending it in. If you want to use a primer or a setting powder, go for it. I just went with foundation since it stands up to oil pretty well throughout the day on its own.
- Then I applied the blush to my cheeks, using it both as a blush and contour. I blended it from the hollows of my cheeks up onto the cheekbones and onto the apples of my cheeks. It’s a beautiful, nude shade with a hint of rose, so it doubles as contour and blush beautifully.
- I dabbed the tiniest bit of TheBalm Mary-Dew-Manizer onto the tops of my cheekbones and blended with my finger tip for a super easy, natural glowy highlight. If you don’t want to fool with eyeshadow, you can dab this on as well and then just move onto lips and brows. But if you want to do eyeshadow:
- I popped the gorgeous, glowing golden shade called Built all over my eyelids and blended up and over the sockets. This alone is stunning, but to pull it together since the look overall is sort of rosy, I blended Bright into the outer corners. This all takes probably 30 seconds to do, and it yields a very put together look in my opinion!
- Swipe on whatever mascara you have lying around. Feather the brown pencil into your brows to give them some definition and blend with the spoolie on the other end of the brow stick!
- Swipe on the lipstick. It’s a rosy nude shade that makes you look alive, that goes with anything and that lasts and lasts all day long. And if it starts to wear off, you hardly notice because of the nude color, so if you can’t be bothered to reapply, you don’t look like a slob!
So there you have my quick fall makeup look, and I have to say it really goes to show the power of makeup. I realized that for me, putting on a little makeup can completely change the way I feel about myself and about my day. Before “putting on my face”, I feel unprepared to take on the day and a little bit behind the ball…it’s the facial equivalent of sitting in my pajamas all day. There’s nothing wrong with it per se, but I simply don’t feel like my best self when I let the day go by like that.
However, after putting on the smallest amount of makeup, honestly, even if it’s just foundation and some lip product (that is my bare bare minimum!), I feel ready to take on at least some of what the day throws at me. These days that tends to be some variation of wiping spit up off my clothes, changing diapers, breastfeeding, thinking about cleaning my house and then not doing it, breastfeeding again, folding some laundry and then not putting it away, breastfeeding, trying to squeeze a little work in there, and of course playing with the cutest baby girl in the whole wide world! And that remains true even if I don’t manage to put on normal clothes as the day goes on, which I almost never do.
I hope you enjoyed this quick makeup look, and whether the “her” you are celebrating is a family member, a friend or even yourself (that’s the “her” that I’m celebrating!), pop on over to Stage because their Beauty Bash is currently running through October 23rd! There are all sorts of deals and party favors running every day from now until then, so it’s the perfect time to pick up a little treat for yourself or as a gift for a loved one!
*This post was sponsored by Specialty Retailers, Inc. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own!*